Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ready to Share

Among all the dances that I have performed since I was still a kid, tambourine dancing is my favorite and really the dance that i am more comfortable with my moves., i think!...:) I started learning this dance when I was still in my 5th grade. I remember, I only knew 3 strokes then- the  Gospel, Acts and Hope. I didn't really have a formal training about tambourine dance. I never had a chance to join the training for all the patterns from Book 1 to Book 3 as they said since our place was quite far from the civilization then, and even now???.lol. Aside from the financial constraint, it was difficult for me to travel going to Davao City just to take that training. I am very much thankful to my mentor Ate Belenda who tried her best to pass on her skills in tambourine dancing to us. Lyn2, Joelyn, and I are the pioneers of the tambourine dance in our church.

 I treasure the times that we had when we were still in our church playing the tambourine during the worship. Those momentous times when we were together are deeply cherished by me. The instances that we argued on the correct way of performing the stroke are so hilarious to recall. I could bring to mind how stiffed our hands were in our first gripped of the tambourine. The tapping was very noisy and the movements were very discomfited. But, it is really true that there is always a room for improvement when we keep on trying.

Now, I do not consider myself as an expert on this dance but I am thankful to God for giving me this talent. I just want to give all the glory to the Father in worshiping Him through Tambourine Dance and through sharing this talent to the others who are willing to learn. As Ate Belenda has done her job in passing on the torch to us, I just want to do my job as well.  Am ready! Are you ready to learn? Tell me then..:))

5 comments:

  1. There is always a room for improvement when we keep on trying - true that! You can do so with blogging as well.

    Congrats on the new blog and hope to see you bloom in this area.

    Also, I wanna re-learn my tambourine dancing moves. So I will be looking forward to your lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh! thanks for encouraging me to do this ate..:) I will do my best to update you to the strokes of the tambourine dance that I know together with the "power popcorn gurlzz" :D so you and all the pipz who will drop by on this blog could learn the strokes and share it to the others as well. God bless you more ate jan!

      Delete
  2. hapi to remember the times we had together upon reading your blog gie.... i missed so much ur kabataan times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. our kabataan times .. i mean.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for dropping by Joy! i know it is you..heheh.. i miss the old days...God bless ....

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news