Thursday, July 5, 2012

Most Embarassing Moment in Dancing

When I was still 14 or 15 years old, I couldn't forget that moment that I cried for almost the whole night and even didn't show my face on the next day to any one. It was during the National Youth Camp of ECOFI (Evangelical Christian Outreach Foundation, Inc.) in Davao City, when I was one of the dancers from our District who joined in the Interpretative Dance Competition. At that night, i think there were about 10 groups who were very nervous yet very excited while waiting for their time to be on stage. Different styles and colorful costumes worn by the dancers made that night more fascinating. I couldn't help myself at that time in comparing our costumes to the others...honestly, i was envious at that moment, wishing to have a nice one too.:( I could recall I wore a  long sleeve white shirt which was bought from the "second-hand store" and an orange-black stripe-skirt which was borrowed from our neighbor. Don't get me wrong, i love to wear 2nd-hand clothes..lol,,,it's just that, i felt that our costumes weren't that good enough compared to the others. I know, my heart at that time wasn't right.

When it was our turn to be on stage, I was so tensed. At the middle of our dance, I was wondering why were the audience so noisy and were laughing. I thought they just like our dance. Until we reached to the last part of the dance, I was so uneasy and got suspicious on the commotion of the audience. Alas, the dance was over! And when we were out of the stage, I asked the other dancers why were the people laughing??? And even them they were laughing too until someone said, "Hey, YOUR ARMPIT WAS SEEN!" huh????I said to myself, "i'm wearing a long sleeve white shirt how come my armpit was seen?" mmmh...then I looked at my armpit then tears started to fall down from my eyes. I cried a lot co'z of embarrassment. My shirt was torn up while I was dancing in front of almost a thousand young people.

From that point, i felt so dishearten. I got self pity. So embarrassed... I thought I won't dance again.
But, I thank God for He never let me fall to that dread. I was able to recover and had my self-esteem back by His mercy.

I had a lot of embarrassment that I experienced in the world of dancing and there might be more on the road, but i would still say ...I WILL NEVER STOP DANCING....never stop dancing for my GOD...for HIS GLORY! 

A prayer:
              " Lord, check our hearts always when we dance. May your name always be lifted up as we move our feet, as we raise our hands and as we offer our bodies as a living sacrifice to you. Amen."




by the way, before I forget
..........because of that incident of embarrassment, "my mother" said that we will try our best to have new costumes every time we will have the National Youth Convention in Davao City. And Praise God for His provision, since then, we always have new costumes for the dance every year.
Am I right DISTRICT 13? .......:))


Latest costume for the Tambourine Dance - taken last April 2012, NYC in Davao City
Karen, Jing, Karisse, Kat, Sam, Pipoy
i miss the days when i was still like them joining the Youth Camp
Karrise was still here..:) 
Karrise, Pipoy, Jing(my sister), Sam( Faith's Sister), & Katriz... (i wonder where's Karen?)..

:) Praise be unto the LORD!

1 comment:

 

Blogger news